Our client, a family owned and operated transportation company, is adding a Terminal/Transportation Manager to their team in the downriver area due to growth! Over the past 60 years our client has continued to grow and expand, not only locally, but nationwide as well. This position will be managing the operations side of the Transportation Terminal here in the Detroit area. The Terminal Manager will report directly to the Operations Manager and will manage an internal staff.
The right candidate will:
- Have experience managing fleet equipment, drivers, dispatch and customer service personnel
- Manage preventative maintenance programs for vehicles, help resolve delivery issues for customers and prioritize issues
- Understand union and non-union environment
- Career minded position. This position is open due to growth, and has further growth potential
- Must be able to pass background check and travel to Canada as necessary for training purposes
- Advanced education in related background: supply chain, business, management, etc.
Our client is looking for someone who has experience in the industry and the love of solving problems and keeping things moving along smoothly. Strong computer skills for organization, tracking and planning purposes are critical. Will be using transportation applications and software, so understanding of routing, mapping and logistics are important. Very high-tech environment.
Great opportunity for someone looking to work for a company that puts their people first and embraces that culture. The right candidate will understand that rules and regulations matter, but that people are human, too. Nice balance between structure and compassion, as drivers are often out on the road for days or weeks at a time. This position is a salary position, $50 – $65k, with a great benefit package. Full time, with some on-call work evenings and weekends (emergency situations only). If this position sounds like a good fit for you, please forward resume to Careers@rftsearchgroup.com with cover letter and salary requirements! Thank you!