Our client is looking to add to their team with a Shipping and Receiving Supervisor. This industrial parts distributor has been in business for over 60 years and has a solid foothold in the automotive, aerospace and defense industry for their product offerings. You’ll be working alongside very knowledgeable people and will be able to learn the industry and product lines through on the job training. They deal with parts on a daily basis, both incoming and outgoing. These parts can be small in size and weight, but could on occasion go up to 75 lbs. The Shipping and Receiving Supervisor position will be leading, guiding and training the other employees in this department and keep things running smoothly and according to schedule.
The right candidate will:
- Have experience in Shipping and Receiving, and have some experience in management or a supervisory role
- Understand how important attention to detail is when reviewing received product to invoices and preparing product to go out the door.
- Be able to stand and/or walk for up to 8 hours per day. This is physically active position as you move between receiving, appropriate departments for deliveries, packing product for shipping, etc.
- Ensure proper counts on received product, inventories, logs and outgoing orders.
- Work with Sales people on any questions to determine correct answers for accuracy purposes
- Finally, mechanical aptitude required for this position!
Our client is an ‘old school’, therefore they have a semi-autonomous work environment with a very low key personality. They days will be busy, but not overwhelming. Great opportunity for someone who likes to work independently but understands how critical this position is to the company! This position is a salaried ($40 – $45k), direct hire, position with an 8 -5 work schedule. Nice benefit package to include bonus program, IRA contributions, HSA and PTO. Please forward resume with salary requirements to Careers@RFTSearchGroup.com. Thank you!