If you love being an Outside Sales Representative, out on the road working your territory, this could be a great position for you! Even better if you have a background in representing Residential/Commercial product lines to builders, fabricators, general contractors, Interior Designers, etc. Our client, a well established Marble & Stone Wholesaler is looking to add to their sales team. This position will report directly to the Sales Manager, yet not afraid to work your territory with little guidance.
The right candidate will:
- Love being out on the road in front of your customers (will be working from home office).
- Understand that you’re not out to get the sale, you’re developing relationships for future business
- Know how to grow an existing territory through further account penetration and introducing new product lines
- Strategically plan their territory, from being handed a book of business, to prospecting for new clients
- Use Salesforce for daily planning, updates and reporting of numbers
- Love the thrill of the sale and have a personal drive to do more, problem solve, and take control of the client base
- Be self motivated, accountable, have high integrity, know how to sell on quality over pricing and want to be a part of something bigger, and be highly organized and detail oriented
Our client has been in business over 20 years and is still growing. This position is being added to the team due to growth. The territory will cover Metro Detroit, from Saginaw to Toledo. Territory may be split into two sections, depending on the results of your strategic planning and territory reviews. The right candidate will be trained in all departments of the company (Oakland County headquartered office), so you’ll be familiar with how the business runs and what customers can expect from you. Product knowledge will be through manufacturers training, ride along training and your own interest in learning more about the product base.
This position has a base pay to start ($60 – $70k), and will change to base plus commission after initial training period. Great benefit package, including medical and dental, 401k, PTO and bonus plan. The right candidate can possibly earn up to six figures after the first year, but that will require getting a good handle on your territory. Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected] Thank you!