Our client, an established but growing manufacturing company in Clinton Township is adding to their team with this Logistics Manager position. This family owned and operated company has been growing at a tremendous pace the past couple of years and that growth now needs management level individuals to add structure, process and procedure, as well as external talents and best practices to their team. Because of that, we are looking for experienced individuals who want to roll up their sleeves and take on a hands-on role in the growth and direction of the company.
The right candidate will have:
- Progressive experience in the logistics field, including managing staff
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to jump in and help, delegate work and know when to do either
- Management of Shipping/Receiving, Warehouse, Freight contracts and relationships and materials
- Developing best practices for each department including work instructions, processes and procedures
- Negotiate contracts with service providers such as freight rates, damage, routes, etc
- Manage and keep inventory of transportation costs, delivery times, efficiencies, etc
This is a salary position ($75 – $80k) with an expectation of about 45 hours per week. Excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision, PTO, holidays, 401k with match and profit sharing. Great opportunity for someone who wants to work with a hands on leadership team and really dig in and take control of the department. Career path position, for sure.
Please send resume to Careers at RFTSearchGroup dot com.
|Job Category||Direct Hire|